Skip to main content

How to Live a Happy Life

                           How to Live a Happy Life






Wouldn’t that be nice to have a rule book on life, and how to remain happy all the time? Would you believe me if I tell you there is?

(B) (I) (B) (L) (E)

Let me explain...


Looking at the dictionaries definition of happy:

Being happy was defined as pleasure and contentment. Fortunate and convenient were also listed under the definition. If we try and seek being happy on our own we will always find disappointment. Living a life of contentment,  knowing life is fortunate and a precious gift in itself, you can be happy. If you see fortunate as only monetarily prosperous , then your priorities on wealth defines happiness to you. Unfortunately, there are endless stories of wealthy people killing themselves. Money will not make you happy. Fame will not make you happy. Being grateful for everything puts your guard down, leaves out all expectations that might lead to disappointment, and self pleasure becomes less of a priority.

 We can only be CONTENT, with God. When I’m reading my word, and having a prayer life (communication) with God on a daily, that’s when Im truly happy.  When I fail to do this, I put that pressure of being happy on others. Without God, you truly can’t be happy. You can find temporary happiness with things that bring you joy. But it’s a state, and won’t last long.

Waking up each day, is what makes me happy. Spending time with God and in his word, loving on my husband, kids, and family is what makes me happy. So am I happy everyday of my life? Yes. You can be irritated by your loved ones, you can sometimes wonder how things may go unplanned in your life, and if it was truely God’s will. But being happy, no one can take that away. It’s a conditioned state and shouldn’t be based on ungodly rule. Oh and by the way, a defined word for ungodly is : NOT convenient. Go figure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jax turns ONE! Boss Baby Theme

  I can’t believe my son has turned 1 today! 😱  Where does the time go? I remember with my first, time literally stood still. When she turned one, it felt like she was turning four. Time definitely took it’s time with Jaida. One thing I can say is, I’ve been blessed to be a stay at home working mom. I feel like I know my kids so well. I also feel like I raised twins that are two and a half years apart. Jax started his morning off with his first hair cut. It was way overdue. My husband said he did very well and didn’t cry. He was just being super nosey at first wanting to see what was buzzing around his head (the clippers.) Then it was off to the Fresno Chaffe Zoo. We really enjoy going. We don’t go often. I know my kids would get bored with the same thing over and over so we try to go at-least once per year. We really love the Zoorasic addition to the park. You can go on a short half mile trail and see animatronic dinosaur in literally a staged atmosphere but it really feels ...

#couplegoals Toxic?

  Why #couplegoals can be toxic , especially in the black community We all seen the hashtag on social media. Even though it was somewhat of a joke back in the day, I have noticed this to be a trend now.  Here’s why #couplegoals can be harmful. We are painting an unrealistic view of marriage. You show me one perfect couple who gets along everyday and just thinks the world of their spouse 24/7. It doesn’t exist. I have not yet found a #couplegoals and here’s why. We are ALL different. Marriage is like a fingerprint. They are all different and unique. That’s why #couplegoals don’t exist.  This is the problem we are having: people aren’t finding their ‘perfect person’ so they opt out of getting married altogether. They see perfection on social media, so they think perfection truly exists. I call this the ‘sitcom syndrome.’ I want what I see on tv. This is a big problem in the African American community. 20% of black women get married. This is percentages of women who have kid...

The Social Dilemma: Goodbye Social Media- Minus Youtube and Blogging

  The social dilemma: Why I’m staying off of IG permanently The Social Dilemma| Why I’m permanently inactive on Instagram. ~~~>  https://youtu.be/PanK39KBU2k  <~~Video If you have not watched social dilemma, I urge you to stop what you are doing and go watch it now on NETFLIX. You will be blown away with the tactics technical engineers have used to keep us scrolling away. I’m guilty of it. I have or should I said had a ‘Fear of Missing Out.’ I felt my only way to stay connected with people on a large scale was to have social media. But what about the days before social media? People were still connected. I believe more personally then today. We traded hugs and in person contact, with emoji’s and filtered facetime.  What made me quit cold turkey was the part in the movie where the young teenage girl was looking for validation from people through her posts. Are we all guilty of that? Why do I post my dope brightly filtered images? Just because I think there great...