Skip to main content

Teach my baby!

 






Introducing learning early is so vital in a child’s development. However, learning and respecting every child’s learning style is also very important. My daughter LOVES TO LEARN. Since she was a baby she was interested in every little thing. The ceiling fan and how it works, she loved watching educational nursery rhymes on YouTube, and absolutely gave us her undivided attention when we were teaching her something. My son Jax on the other hand, will rather slam everything in his hand to see what kind of sound it will make, and likes to see what every flashcard tastes like, and if it’s different then the one before. His learning style is different. I have to incorporate music and make it a little more animated to keep him engaged in learning. We are teaching him his eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. He already signs for more when he wants more food, so the next step is to identify different parts of his body, starting with his face. 


I have to admit, baby #2 doesn’t get all the early learning like Jaida did. We read to her often, and were a lot more consistent with teaching her things. Juggling two kids, our focus is keeping their bellies full, house clean, and diapers dry. But, the best thing about having a second child, the older one pours out all her knowledge onto him. He looks up to her a lot and studies everything she does. He is 10 months old and is already walking, he feeds himself, and sings along to his favorite nursery rhymes. 


The Teach my baby kit from Amazon has now been passed down to Jaxon. We love everything about this kit. This is not a sponsored blog. You will all know my saying soon, ‘Real advice for real moms.’ 


https://www.amazon.com/Teach-My-Baby-Learning-Kit/dp/B0033PRGJM/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=teach+my+baby+learning+kit&qid=1598587018&sprefix=teach+my+baby&sr=8-3


This kit is worth every penny and it has done above and beyond what I expected it to. My daughter is literally a genius baby, but it started with discipline and making sure we took the time out to work with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jax turns ONE! Boss Baby Theme

  I can’t believe my son has turned 1 today! 😱  Where does the time go? I remember with my first, time literally stood still. When she turned one, it felt like she was turning four. Time definitely took it’s time with Jaida. One thing I can say is, I’ve been blessed to be a stay at home working mom. I feel like I know my kids so well. I also feel like I raised twins that are two and a half years apart. Jax started his morning off with his first hair cut. It was way overdue. My husband said he did very well and didn’t cry. He was just being super nosey at first wanting to see what was buzzing around his head (the clippers.) Then it was off to the Fresno Chaffe Zoo. We really enjoy going. We don’t go often. I know my kids would get bored with the same thing over and over so we try to go at-least once per year. We really love the Zoorasic addition to the park. You can go on a short half mile trail and see animatronic dinosaur in literally a staged atmosphere but it really feels ...

#couplegoals Toxic?

  Why #couplegoals can be toxic , especially in the black community We all seen the hashtag on social media. Even though it was somewhat of a joke back in the day, I have noticed this to be a trend now.  Here’s why #couplegoals can be harmful. We are painting an unrealistic view of marriage. You show me one perfect couple who gets along everyday and just thinks the world of their spouse 24/7. It doesn’t exist. I have not yet found a #couplegoals and here’s why. We are ALL different. Marriage is like a fingerprint. They are all different and unique. That’s why #couplegoals don’t exist.  This is the problem we are having: people aren’t finding their ‘perfect person’ so they opt out of getting married altogether. They see perfection on social media, so they think perfection truly exists. I call this the ‘sitcom syndrome.’ I want what I see on tv. This is a big problem in the African American community. 20% of black women get married. This is percentages of women who have kid...

The Social Dilemma: Goodbye Social Media- Minus Youtube and Blogging

  The social dilemma: Why I’m staying off of IG permanently The Social Dilemma| Why I’m permanently inactive on Instagram. ~~~>  https://youtu.be/PanK39KBU2k  <~~Video If you have not watched social dilemma, I urge you to stop what you are doing and go watch it now on NETFLIX. You will be blown away with the tactics technical engineers have used to keep us scrolling away. I’m guilty of it. I have or should I said had a ‘Fear of Missing Out.’ I felt my only way to stay connected with people on a large scale was to have social media. But what about the days before social media? People were still connected. I believe more personally then today. We traded hugs and in person contact, with emoji’s and filtered facetime.  What made me quit cold turkey was the part in the movie where the young teenage girl was looking for validation from people through her posts. Are we all guilty of that? Why do I post my dope brightly filtered images? Just because I think there great...